The Crackle Queen
*** PLEASE READ ALL INFORMATION***
3 hour workshop
Cost is $60 plus materials (see below)
When: 1. Sunday April 5th 10 - 1pm DAY TIME
2. Friday May 8th 10-1pm DAY TIME
BOOK AND PAY BELOW
Where: Woodbridge (address will be emailed to you)
Are you ready to have a F U N workshop with like minded creatives like your self?
The Crackle Queen is a name my work colleagues gave me as I seem to have developed a bit of a reputation for understanding the medium that creates a crazed (or crackle) surface. Just how a bowl may have a crackled finish in the glaze....Japenese pottery often uses this effect.
I love to use this effect in my own work and there are definately some tricks in getting it just right.
During this 3 hour workshop, I’ll be demonstrating the different ways to use this medium and how it can be applied into your work.
You’ll be having a “crack” at each of the methods and creating your own examples for future reference.
We’ll begin a little painting where we will use the different effects that you’ve learn’t.
You’ll go home armed with a wealth of information and the benefit of the many years of experimentation that I have done to get it right.
We’ll use canvas and a ceramic tile to practice on and a canvas board to produce a little painting using your new skills.
*ONCE YOU HAVE BOOKED I WILL SEND YOU A DETAILED MATERIAL LIST *
1. A small canvas board no larger than 10x8cm
2. Some acrylic paints… the primary colours including black and white. Also any
other colours that appeal to you (but the basic colour palette will be adequate
for this workshop).
3. A range of brushes including round and flat ( Westart Red pack is a great
beginners kit). If you want to use mine...just add $10 to your checkout.
4. Small palette knife (more info provided on materials list sent).
5. Drawing materials…pencil, rubber, visual diary or notepad.
* Any other materials needed will be provided*
• We have a dog (mini Bull terrier – Lottie ) a cat and 3 chooks. If you are allergic
please take precautions or maybe this is not for you. She is super friendly but if
you are not a fan of dogs, let me know and I’ll keep her away for the duration
of the workshop.
• As the workshops are held in my home studio…please park considerably and
not in front of the wooden gate next door please.
• Your place in a class is reserved only once full payment has been has been
( If you’d rather pay by direct debit…please let me know before you book
through the website. firstname.lastname@example.org.)
•. Full refund if cancelled 2 weeks before the workshop.
• No refund any time under 2 weeks but….
• You can transfer the workshop to another person.
• In the event that you forget to come to the workshop or you are unable attend
the ticket is not transferable after the event.
• If I have to cancel for any reason, I will offer either a change of date,
different workshop or a full refund…which ever suits you.
*** Whilst arriving, attending and leaving the workshops, it is your responsibility to ensure that you maintain and adhere to all safety precautions and requirements during the workshop. Sharon Peterkin and the attending creatives hold no personal liability or responsibility for any damage, loss or theft incurred to personal property, or any physical injuries obtained during the workshop. By attending a workshop, you agree in holding full responsibility and liability for any damages, injuries to parties involved and physical and/or personal property that may occur during the workshop***