"Paint Frida Your Way" with ARTIST : Sharon Peterkin
“Paint Frida Your Way”
Full day WORKSHOP
Some experience would be good but not essentual
1. Sunday March 29th 10am - 4pm
2. Sunday May 3rd 10am-4pm
Lunch and refreshments Included
Where: Woodbridge (address will be emailed to you)
BOOK AND PAY BELOW
***PLEASE READ ALL THE WAY TIL THE END***
Do love the way Frida Khalo paints her portraits?
Well I am a huge fan and I’d love to show you how I approach my “Frida” paintings.
In this FULL DAY workshop we will all paint a Frida Khalo style portrait onto a canvas using acrylic paints. I will show you the way I approach a painting like this and teach you how to do the same.
We’ll learn how to paint flowers in her fabulous naive style but we’ll add our own
little twists and perks just so the painting you’ll take home will be a little different from everyone’s in the class.
Even if you’re a beginner I will guide you through the steps to create a fab drawing and will be with you every step of the way (the classes will be small so I can provide lots of guidance).
We’ll have fun with colour and try some texture medium to give your painting some voom! But one thing is for sure…you will have a gorgeous colourful Frida influenced painting of your own.
MATERIALS : ***ONCE YOU HAVE BOOKED I WILL SEND YOU A DETAILED LIST***
1. Canvas : A rectangle shape would be best and at least a 40cmx30cm or
2. Paint brushes : A variety of sizes, particularly a liner brush size 1 or 2. Jacksons
sells a great beginners pack ( Red pack).
3. Acrylic Paint: Once again a mix of colours that you love. Please make sure you
have the primaries and a black and white at the very least. Turquoise and
magenta is good to have in your kit , if your happy to buy.
Any brand is fine just keep in mind that the really cheap paints aren’t so
fabulous to use.
NB: IF YOU DON’T WANT TO BUY PAINT JUST YET YOU CAN USE MINE FOR AN EXTRA $15.00
**EVERYTHING ELSE THAT YOU’LL NEED WILL BE SUPPLIED**
• We have a dog (mini Bull terrier – Lottie ) a cat and 3 chooks. If you are allergic
please take precautions or maybe this is not for you. She is super friendly but if
you are not a fan of dogs, let me know and I’ll keep her away for the duration
of the workshop.
• As the workshops are held in my home studio…please park considerably and
not in front of the wooden gate next door please.
• Your place in a class is reserved only once full payment has been has been
(* If you’d rather pay by direct debit…please let me know before you book
through the website. email@example.com.)
•. Full refund if cancelled 2 weeks before the workshop.
• No refund any time under 2 weeks but….
• You can transfer the workshop to another person.
• In the event that you forget to come to the workshop or you are unable attend
the ticket is not transferable after the event.
• If I have to cancel for any reason, I will offer either a change of date,
different workshop or a full refund…which ever suits you.
***Whilst arriving, attending and leaving the workshops, it is your responsibility to ensure that you maintain and adhere to all safety precautions and requirements during the workshop. Sharon Peterkin and the attending creatives hold no personal liability or responsibility for any damage, loss or theft incurred to personal property, or any physical injuries obtained during the workshop. By attending a workshop, you agree in holding full responsibility and liability for any damages, injuries to parties involved and physical and/or personal property that may occur during the workshop***